The weather has been wacky in my part of the Northeast recently. So much so that we actually had some snow recently.
Alas, the weather turned this weekend and a couple of us from the RattlingChains.com family got to get out and play a round Sunday. It felt good to flip some discs in a good weather. We got the chance to test out a new disc, take some video and photos and enjoy.
And, as has been the trend lately, there’s been some good coverage of the sport in the media. So let’s take a peek at what was out there this past week.
- Edora Park disc golf course sticking with 18 holes (Fort Collins, Colo.)
- Amphitheater, disc golf on park commission’s plate Monday (Chico, Calif.)
- Weather does not deter disc golfers from competing (Frankfort, Indiana)
- Enjoying another flight path (West Palm Beach, Fla.)
- Disc golf clinic set for Tuesdays in May (Hannibal, Mo.)
- Disc golfers let ’em fly at 18th annual Vintage Cup
- Disc golfers raise $1,200 indoors (Helena, Montana)
- Local Resident Vying to Make Disc Golf Course a Reality in Lacey (Lacey, NJ)
- Bud Hadfield Park boasts 18-hole disc golf course boasts 18-hole disc golf course (Houston, Texas)
- Westchester Lagoon Disc Golf Summer Closing Sparks Online Petition (Anchorage, Alaska)
- Should town amend recycling center code? (disc golf talked about midway through story — Ravena, NY)
- Anchorage’s Westchester disc golf course closure was inevitable (Anchorage, Alaska)
- Extracurricular course (River Valley and Ozark Area, Arkansas)
- Disc Golf Course Closed at Westchester Park This Summer (Anchorage, Alaska)
- Anchorage closes Alaska’s most-used disc golf course (Anchorage, Alaska)
- Complaints prompt summer closing of disc golf course (Anchorage, Alaska)
- City Closes Westchester Lagoon Disc Golf Course for Summer (Anchorage, Alaska)
- Disc Golf is an Electrical Impulse, a Word, OK. (Sean Blog)
If you have any comments, questions, thoughts, ideas or anything else, feel free to e-mail me and the crew at: pj [at] rattlingchains.com. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook!