All sorts of things are happening in the disc golf world.
Sorry for the late weekly news wrap on this but shoddy internet hookups while away this past weekend made for a tough time to get all the links together!
Before getting to the weekly links, there’s some news to announce from Discraft.
The plastic is very durable and grippable. On top of that, Discraft says Ti is nothing disc golfers have seen before.
Starting with an enhanced engineered base polymer for superior performance, Discraft says it then combines it with special additives to boost the appearance to a new level.
On top of it all — there’s a three-dimensional World Champion signature stamp on each model. The signature, instead of being embedded into the disc, is slightly raised from the surface, which, according to the company, provides and additional grip assists those players who want a more tactile throwing experience.
The initial releases are the Buzzz, a mid-range driver with the signature of three-time World Champion Nate Doss. The second is the Stalker, an extra long range driver, with the signature of 2011 World Champion Paige Pierce.
Doss will, in the future, also have signature discs of the Ti Force and Nuke.
Discraft also noted that 2010 World Champion Eric McCabe will eventually endorse a Ti disc as well.
The rest of the weekly wraps of links is below!
- Disc golfers descend on BG (Bowling Green, Ky.)
- Disc golf might tee off in Huntley park (Huntley, Ill.)
- Disc golf league opens in the Portage Lakes (Portage Lakes, Ohio)
- Portage Lakes Disc Golf Association looking for new players (New Franklin, Ohio)
- Chain Reaction: Disc golf taking hold in Nantucket’s State Forest (Nantucket, Mass.)
- Camp Kiwanilong Scores A Helping Hand With Repairs (Oregon)
- Vista disc golf course under construction (Vista, Calif.)
- Concessions made to disc golf (Vista, Calif.)
- New Saginaw Township disc golf course adds to sport’s growing popularity (Saginaw, Mich.)
- Disc golf erosion (Duluth, Minn.)
- Volunteers reviving Knightdale disc golf course (Knightdale, NC)
- Clear skies, the disc flies (Missoula, Mont.)
- Around the Lompoc Valley (Lompoc, Calif)
If you have any comments, questions, thoughts, ideas or anything else, feel free to e-mail me and the crew at: pj [at] rattlingchains.com. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook!