Though this wasn’t really in the media, I thought it was quite news worthy — especially for the disc golf community — and wanted to lead this weekly media roundup with it.
DGA is again doing a dream course giveaway and they will award two 9-hole Mach III disc golf glow courses to a couple of lucky winners!
This is being done as a fundraiser for the 2012 Worlds. With that, there will be a new disc, too — the SP Glow Undertow.
DGA’s website says the disc is a blend of glow material and DGA’s premium SP Line plastic. The disc is limited and this won’t be available after the promotion ends. The discs cost $25.
Go to DGA’s site about the contest to get all the details!
Now for the week of disc golf news in the media:
- A Good Idea: Glow in the Dark Disc Golf @ Electric Forest (musicfestivaljunkies.com)
- What do we want from parks? Serenity versus zip lines(Daytona Beach, Fla.)
- Whipple Beach development plans may not include disc golf (Baxter, Minn.)
- Poll: Should Bay City State Recreation Area add an 18-hole disc golf course? (Michigan)
- High Flyers: Heritage Park plays host to first Professional Disc Golf Association tournament (Cullman, Ala.)
- In Our View: Cheers and Jeers (Clark County, Wash.)
- Bangor Township man starts petition to get 18-hole disc golf course at Bay City State Recreation Area (Michigan)
- Council renames Fort Morgan disc golf course for its founder (Fort Morgan, Colo.)
- VOTE: Disc Golf Course in Soquel? (Patch.com)
- Playgrounds, disc golf course planned for Goshen Twp. park (Ohio)
- Students’ Plan for Disc Golf Course Worries Soquel Neighbors (Souquel, Calif.)
- Disc golf club looks to move forward at Anderson River Park (Anderson, Calif.)
- Disc golfers’ Paradise comes to north country (Clark County, Wash.)
- Disc golf tournament to benefit Camp Kiwanilong (Astoria, Ore.)
- Disc golfing provides cheap, popular entertainment (Baraboo, Wisc.)
- Yulga Disc Golf Course in Stevens Point Now Open (Wisconsin)
- 9 or 18 holes for Streator disc golf course? (Streator, Ill.)
If you have any comments, questions, thoughts, ideas or anything else, feel free to e-mail me and the crew at: pj [at] rattlingchains.com. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook!