Looking to get your fix with disc golf news?
Here’s a roundup of some disc golf items that were in the media over the past week. This will be a regular feature on Rattling Chains, appearing each Sunday in the late morning.
During the course of the week, if you see some disc golf-related stories in mainstream media, please send the links along to us. We’ll consider putting the links here. Traditional news media, blogs and online news sources/releases will be considered!
- Disc golf tourney tests Alton Baker Park grounds for future course (Eugene, Ore.)
- Dynamic Discs Opens New Store in Kansas City, Kansas.
- Frisbee golfers convene (Queenstown, New Zealand)
- Fundraising event aims to make disc golf a fixture in Yakima (Yakima, Wash.)
- Disc golf elite to tackle gardens (Queenstown, New Zealand)
- Frisbee golf not so tree-mendous (Queenstown, New Zealand)
- In Augusta, Ga., playing golf, but not the kind you think (Washington Post)
- Austin Disc Golf: Outdoor Enjoyment on Hiatus (Austin, Texas)
- How I lost 100 pounds and kept it off (Blog, mentions disc golf)
- Weather story features disc golf photo (Detroit, Mich.)
- Another weather story shows a disc golf photo (DesMoines, Iowa).
- Disc golf photo in a newspaper (Watertown, Wisc.)
- Hard to resist today’s temperatures in 60s, warm breezes (Cleveland, Ohio)
- Winona Daily News (Minn.) story on weather has disc golf photo.
- Local man looking to get disc golf course installed (Eugene, Ore.)
- Disc golf course on Newport’s Horizon (Newport, Ore.)
- Liberty University, a first-year collegiate disc golf team, earned a trip to nationals.
If you have any comments, questions, thoughts, ideas or anything else, feel free to e-mail me and the crew at: pj [at] rattlingchains.com. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook!
0 thoughts on “Disc golf in the media: March 5-11”
You can create an Alert in Google about Disc Golf and you will be receiving news every day.
I have that set up as well, but it doesn’t always grab everything, unfortunately.