Another weekend of good weather, at least in these parts!
So I hope you got the chance to get out and play and take advantage of it!
I was quite amazed with the response on our 9-hole course story this past week, so keep the comments coming on that one! We appreciate it.
Speaking of 9-holers, I had the chance to play one Friday. It was pretty wide open and I’m sure it’s the type of course that 9-hole detractors point to when talking about how they aren’t great. Still, at least it was throwing and there were baskets!
Anyway, there’s been some good stuff in the mainstream media this week, so check out this week’s golf wrap.
- Frisbee golf coming to Beverly Park (Beverly Hills, Mich.)
- Trumbull MetroParks Celebrates New Pavilion, Disc Course (Trumbull County, Ohio)
- Disc golf provides cheap, exciting thrills (Auburn, Calif.)
- Want to play? Just pick up a disc (Sioux Falls, South Dakota)
- Discover it: They’re in it to spin it, and members of Muscatine Disc Golf Club hope they can get more people to do the same (Muscatine, Iowa)
- AHS teams dominate state disc golf meet (Austin, Minn.)
- Moore Report: Frolfers these days (Anchorage, Alaska)
- Westchester Lagoon Disc Golf Hearing Looks for Solutions (Anchorage, Alaska)
- Give it a whirl: Disc course in McDonald expands facilities of Johnston Woods (McDonald, Tenn.)
- Westchester disc golf course out of bounds (Anchorage, Alaska)
- Disc golf event set for May 12 (Bowling Green, Kent.)
- June 14 public hearing set for disc golf plan at Whipple Beach (Baxter, Minn.)
- Disc golf course closure is topic of public meeting Wednesday (Anchorage, Alaska)
- Disc golfers would clean up trails (Barrie, Ontario, Canada)
- The Attempt to Save Westchester Disc Golf (Anchorage, Alaska)
- An olive branch from Anchorage to its disc-golfers? (Anchorage, Alaska)
- Canyon County looking to open 9-hole disc golf course near Lake Lowell (Lake Lowell, Idaho)
- Annual disc golf tournament held in Edmond (Edmond, Okla.)
- Disc golf product Bushwhack Apps wins top prize at Startup Weekend (Madison, Wisc.)
- Cleanup revives free course’s original vision (Trinidad, Colo.)
- Disc golf tournament pits pros, amateurs in growing sport that doesn’t cost fortune to play (Memphis, Tenn.)
- McDade Park boasts 18-hole Disc Golf course and more (Houston, Texas)
- Locals start young professionals club (disc golf course creation mentioned; Kenai, Alaska)
If you have any comments, questions, thoughts, ideas or anything else, feel free to e-mail me and the crew at: pj [at] rattlingchains.com. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook!
0 thoughts on “Weekly disc golf wrap: News and notes”
“…9-hole detractors point to when talking about how they aren’t great. Still, at least it was throwing and there were baskets!” AMEN, P.J. !!!! That’s tell’n ’em!!! Way to go!!!!