A native of upstate New York, I’ve always been an outdoorsy person. Whether it hiking or biking around, geocaching, playing softball or disc golf, I’ve always found a way to get outdoors as much as possible.
Writing and photography has always been a passion. I started writing at a young age and had my first article published in a newspaper when I was in middle school.
I’ve worked for many newspapers, winning several awards along the way. In my spare time, I’ve had a personal blog for many years. After getting the bug with disc golf, I thought it would be solid to start this blog as a place where people can get different looks at the sport.
Besides disc golf, I’m an avid softball player and geocacher. I’m also very much into photography and have many interests when it comes to my camera.
For Rattling Chains, I serve as the editor and lead blogger. If you have any story ideas or comments, feel free to e-mail me.
In my bag:
I started small and then got to the point where I was adding too many discs. Since taking some time away from the game for various reasons, I’ve decided to rebuild myself to see if I can get better the right way — in other words, learning what discs do before worrying about adding more.
For now, I carry the following:
- Innova Pro Leopard (167)
- Innova Champion Blizzard Katana (132)
- Aerobie Epic
- Vibram Ibex (173)
- Discraft Elite Buzzz (171)
- Innova JK Aviar (175)
- Central Park (Schenectady)
- Conklin Disc Golf Course (Conklin)
- FDR State Park (Yorktown Heights)
- Gilbert Lake State Park (Laurens)
- Green Lakes State Park (Fayetteville)
- Joralemon Park (Coeymans)
- Oxbow Falls Park (Canastota)
- TC3 Panther Highlands (Dryden)
- Dotson Park (Ithaca)
- Chimney Rock DGS (Bridgewater)
- Greenwood Meadows DGC (Warren)
- Rutgers, Douglass College (New Brunswick)
- Beaver Creek Mini DGC (Strasburg)
- D.F. Buchmiller Park (Lancaster)
- Hobson Park Mini DGC (Lancaster)
- Mini DGC at Mushroom Manor (Lancaster)
- Roland Park (Akron)
- Starry Stompin’ Grounds Mini DGC (Conestoga)
- Heady Mini DGC (private course)
- Tyler State Park (Newtown)
Favorite photos taken:
A couple of my favorite disc golf photos that I’ve taken are below.